About the Semantic Web journal (by IOS Press)
The journal Semantic Web – Interoperability, Usability, Applicability (published and printed by IOS Press, ISSN: 1570-0844), in short Semantic Web journal, brings together researchers from various fields which share the vision and need for more effective and meaningful ways to share information across agents and services on the future internet and elsewhere. As such, Semantic Web technologies shall support the seamless integration of data, on-the-fly composition and interoperation of Web services, as well as more intuitive search engines. The semantics – or meaning – of information, however, cannot be defined without a context, which makes personalization, trust, and provenance core topics for Semantic Web research. New retrieval paradigms, user interfaces, and visualization techniques have to unleash the power of the Semantic Web and at the same time hide its complexity from the user. Based on this vision, the journal welcomes contributions ranging from theoretical and foundational research over methods and tools to descriptions of concrete ontologies and applications in all areas. We especially welcome papers which add a social, spatial, and temporal dimension to Semantic Web research, as well as application-oriented papers making use of formal semantics.
The journal is peer-reviewed and will be published bimonthly.
Suggestions for special issues are welcome.
For any questions please do not hesitate to contact the Editors-in-Chief.
IOS Press is a leading international publisher of scientific books and journals in many fields including computer & communications sciences and especially also the Semantic Web. Visit the Semantic Web Journal at IOS Press.
The Semantic Web journal relies on an open and transparent review process. Submitted manuscripts are posted on the journal's website and are publicly available. In addition to solicited reviews selected by members of the editorial board, public reviews and comments are welcome by any researcher and can be uploaded using the journal website. All reviews and responses from the authors are posted on the journal homepage. All involved reviewers and editors will be acknowledged in the final printed version. While we strongly encourage reviewers to participate in the open and transparent review process it is still possible to submit anonymous reviews. See review process and FAQ for details before submitting a manuscript or a review.
- ACM Digital Library
- Cabell's Directories of Publishing Opportunities
- SCImago - ranked 18th in Computer Science world-wide in 2013
- Science Citation Index (Impact Factor): we received notice that we will be included in the 2015 Journal Citation Reports, which will be published in summer 2016
- more to come
Contact email: contact @ semantic-web-journal . net
- Pascal Hitzler, Wright State University, Dayton, OH, USA
- Krzysztof Janowicz, University of California, Santa Barbara, USA
- Harith Alani, The Open University, UK
- Claudia d’Amato, Università degli Studi di Bari, Italy
- Sören Auer, University of Bonn, Germany
- Lora Aroyo, Free University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Boyan Brodaric, Geological Survey of Canada, Canada
- Philipp Cimiano, Universität Bielefeld, Germany
- Oscar Corcho, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, Spain
- Isabel Cruz, University of Illinois at Chicago, USA
- Philippe Cudre-Mauroux, University of Fribourg, Switzerland
- Bernardo Cuenca-Grau, Oxford University, UK
- Michel Dumontier, Stanford Center for Biomedical Informatics Research, Stanford, CA, USA
- Jerome Euzenat, INRIA Grenoble Rhône-Alpes, France
- Mark Gahegan, University of Auckland, New Zealand
- Aldo Gangemi, LIPN Université Paris13-CNRS-Sorbonne Cité, France and ISTC-CNR Roma, Italy
- Frank van Harmelen, VU University Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Rinke Hoekstra, Universiteit van Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Aidan Hogan, Universidad de Chile, Chile
- Andreas Hotho, Universität Würzburg, Germany
- Eero Hyvönen, Aalto University, Finland
- Werner Kuhn, University of California, Santa Barbara, USA
- Freddy Lecue, IBM Research, Ireland
- Jens Lehmann, University of Leipzig, Germany
- Thomas Lukasiewicz, Oxford University, UK
- Natasha Noy, Google, USA
- Axel Polleres, Vienna University of Economics and Business (WU Wien), Austria
- Marta Sabou, MODUL University Vienna, Austria
- Christoph Schlieder, University of Bamberg, Germany
- Tania Tudorache, Stanford University, USA
- GQ Zhang, Case Western Reserve University, USA
- Kunal Sengupta, Wright State University, Dayton, OH, USA